I just finished reading “Redshirts” by John Scalzi.
Redshirts is, of course, a term used by Star Trek fans, because in the original series, anyone, unknown, not in the main cast, in an episode was likely to die horribly or in a meaningless way.
Scalzi makes a nice satire over Redshirts who realize that this is a problem, and decide to do something about it.
A fun and enjoyable read, I will rate it 8/10.
The blog has not been active for a while. The removal, and rebuilding of my life has taken priority. Noth everything is about scifi 😉 .
However, I have had some scifi activities, such as :
– Fedcon 2015 and 2016
– Small local conventions like Dancon and Fantasticon
– The very first Copenhagen Comicon
– a bit of reading, mostly Dresden Files books
– watching some TV/HBO/Netflix series, such as Sense8 (rewatch)
– Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Game of Thrones, 12 Monkeys, and several others
More detail on some of it later.
The site www.babylonlurker.net/blog is going to disappear some time. In the future the blog will be found via www.babylonlurker.dk and www.babylonlurker.com .